THORSwap Adds Support for Trezor Hardware Wallet: Stronger Crypto Self-Custody 💪
Uniting the best cross-chain DEX with the ultimate security vault 🔐
Security and freedom are two of the fundamental pillars that define the ever-evolving cryptocurrency ecosystem. Today THORSwap is thrilled to announce the native integration of Trezor hardware wallets (Model T and Model One). Alongside Ledger Nano X, S and S Plus, users now have access to an expanded choice of hardware wallet solutions. Experience seamless and efficient cross-chain swaps via THORSwap, and manage your funds in a secure self-custodial manner.
Elevating Security Standards
Trezor, a leading manufacturer of hardware wallets, has gained wide recognition for offering one of the most secure ways to manage and store cryptocurrencies. A hardware wallet like Trezor operates by keeping the user’s private keys in a secure hardware device. THORSwap’s integration enables users to sign transactions using their Trezor wallet, without exposing their private keys, drastically reducing the risk of hacks, unauthorized access, and theft.
Trezor and Ledger are two of the most reputable names in the realm of hardware wallets, each boasting distinct features across a number of models. They are also distinguished primarily by their security strategies. Trezor adopts an open-source approach, allowing public scrutiny of its code which can facilitate quick vulnerability fixes through community input. Meanwhile, Ledger combines open-source apps with closed-source firmware, adding a secure element chip for heightened security.
By adding support for Trezor hardware wallets, THORSwap is amplifying our commitment to user security and informed choices.
How Does This Benefit You?
- Enhanced Security: Keep your crypto assets safe by using the Trezor hardware wallet to secure your private keys offline.
- Seamless Transactions: Experience smooth transactions without compromising security. Link your Trezor wallet to THORSwap and enjoy swift trades, swaps, and asset management.
- Full Control of Assets: Maintain full control over your assets. Your private keys remain in your Trezor wallet; they’re never shared with THORSwap or any third party.
- Less Counterparty Risk: While it was previously possible to connect to THORSwap using Trezor through a browser wallet interface — a native connection means one less third party attack vector for exploits.
- Expanded Choice: Users now have even more choice when it comes to the self-custodial management of their assets. Hardware wallets are a good start — understanding which one is the right fit for you is the next step towards long-term security.
Setting Up Your Trezor Wallet with THORSwap
Using your Trezor hardware wallet with THORSwap is a straightforward process:
- Ensure your Trezor wallet is updated to the latest firmware and connect your it to your computer. You may
- Visit the app.thorswap.finance and click the wallet ‘Connect’ button at the top right corner.
- Select the Chain, then Trezor, followed by clicking ‘Connect Wallet’.
4. Unlock your Trezor device, you may be prompted to install Trezor Bridge at this stage, do so if prompted.
5. Once connected, you’ll have full access to THORSwap’s range of services while enjoying the security provided by your Trezor hardware wallet.
The Road Ahead
THORSwap’s integration with Trezor marks a significant milestone in its journey to provide a secure and feature-rich decentralized platform for all crypto users. This is just the beginning. THORSwap is committed to continuous improvement and innovation, keeping user security and convenience at the forefront.
Trezor integration is also part of SwapKit: our one-stop suite of cross-chain services. All SwapKit partners will be able to offer users Trezor + Ledger hardware wallet solution along with THORChain native swaps, DEX aggregation, yield, and analytics tools and more 👍
Full featured cross-chain trading meets best-in-class security — making the choice to go DeFi has never been this easy. Begin your secure trading journey with THORSwap and Trezor today! 💪
THORSwap is the leading multi-chain decentralized exchange (DEX) aggregator powered by THORChain. Perform cross-chain swaps in a permissionless, trustless, and non-custodial manner.